Monday 12 September 2011

Manicure Monday: Princess Nails - 17 Lilac Storm and OPI Teenage Dream



It's my first ever proper post, and I'm cheating already. I know I said I wasn't really going to feature the more expensive nail polish brands, but I was given an OPI mini as a gift, so it still falls into my under £10 category.

This manicure is the exact opposite of what I normally wear. Baby pink is really not my thing. Normally, I wear darker colours, though more and more brights and pastels have been sneaking into my collection.



I bought Lilac Storm from 17 when Boots had a special offer on. Despite the name, and how it looks in the bottle under some lights, it is definitely very pink. It looked like it had a really nice shimmer in the bottle, so I thought I'd give it a try. It sat in amongst my other pinks for quite some time, and I had intended to use it for a water marble manicure. But then I looked at Teenage Dream, and thought they would go perfectly together.



The formula of Lilac Storm is awful. It's very sheer, and after three coats it was somewhat streaky. If I wasn't planning to add Teenage Dream on top, I probably would have given up on it, and used something else instead. But, I persevered, and once I added a coat of Teenage Dream, the streaks were unnoticeable.



By the time I was finished, I felt like a 90s prom dress. Baby pink is definitely not my thing, but I have to admit, even I don't hate it. Who can resist sparkles?

No comments:

Post a Comment